Check out Healthy Living How To's guide to detox bathing:
How to Draw a Detox Bath
1. Add 2 cups epsom salt to a standard tub full of water. If your tub is bigger, add more salt.
2. Ideally, you want the water as hot as you can stand it. We are looking to create a nice sweat.
3. If your bath water is not filtered, add 1 cup of baking soda as this helps neutralize the chemicals, primarily chlorine, as well as increases mineral absorption.
4. Immerse yourself in the water, all the way up to your neck. You want as much of your body underwater as you can. Close your eyes, do some breathing exercises and soak for at least 20 minutes.
5. Once you are done soaking, rise out of the tub very slowly and cautiously. You may feel a little dizzy and light headed, this will go away as you shower off quickly in cool water.
6. It is important not to use harsh soaps or shampoos as your pores are open and will just absorb the chemicals found in those products.
7. Once dry you can apply a natural moisturizer like shea butter or coconut oil, but again no lotions with perfumes, dyes or chemicals.
8. Do not eat immediately before or after taking a detox bath.
9. Instead hydrate yourself with water before and after.
10. Allow time after your bath to rest and rejuvenate.